National is committed to doing our part to help make the world a better place. That’s why we incorporate so many green features and practices in the building of our homes. From environmentally-friendly materials, to Bright Ideas that can reduce energy consumption, you can feel good knowing that choosing National is part of the solution.
YOUR “GREEN PRINT” FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
- Programmable thermostats
- Low-VOC paints
- Low-flow bathroom faucets
- ERV (Energy Recovery Ventilator) or HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator)
- Low-flow shower heads
- Hardwood floors that comply with standards to ensure minimum environmental impact, with low-VOC finishes
- Quartz countertops, which preserve natural resources through their nature as a man-made resource–a good substitute for natural stone
- Carpets made from 100% recycled content are environmentally responsible–CRI (Carpet Rug Institute) certified
- Drain water heat recovery pipes–a double-walled heat exchanger that captures the heat from your shower wastewater, reducing your water heating costs.
Standard Sustainable Features
Green thinking is at the heart of every National home, and our Design Studio allows you to customize not only the beauty of your home, but its efficiency and sustainability. Some of the options available include:
- LED Lighting Packages–lower your utility bills by reducing energy
- 2-Stage Variable Speed Furnaces–a more efficient option for your HVAC system Engineered Hardwood Flooring–optimizes performance in your home with many benefits
- Eco-Friendly Laminate–environmentally conscious option for durable and stylish floors
- Smart Thermostat–a system that learns your habits and adjusts accordingly, saving money and energy
Design Studio Energy Efficient Options
Next Generation Energy Efficient Construction
National offers a breakthrough alternative to inefficient old school construction with revolutionary Panergy Wall Systems that reduce CO2 emissions by three times and cut your energy costs by 20%! This pre-fabricated building envelope delivers superior fire, acoustical and thermal performance; better moisture protection with improved durability, increased energy efficiency, less construction waste plus easier and faster build times.
Rethink, Renew, Recycle
We choose renewable materials and local products where possible.
We build with a sensitivity to the local community, working to minimize construction, including noise, dust, etc.
We encourage a safe, healthy and collaborative workplace.
We incorporate environmentally responsible practices into our building process. One key way we reduce waste is through a focused program of recycling.
• WOOD: To process leftover wood products, the waste is sorted carefully and brought to a recycling centre. From there, wood can be repurposed into countless products made of recycled wood.
• CONCRETE AND BRICKS: For bricks and concrete that can’t be used for another project, we ensure that they are kept out of landfills by sending them to be broken down and used in recycled materials such as aggregate.