How to prepare for winter By Matthew Pantalone
To ensure that your house remains in prime condition over the years, a little preventative maintenance is needed. By making a thorough inspection of your home inside and out once a season you can detect and repair problems before they become emergencies. This can save you time, worry and often money.
Here’s a few things you should consider with Winter just around the corner:
- Clean/replace your furnace filter
- Check your oil furnace motor
- Inspect the venting of your furnace (if applicable)
- Vacuum inside your registers to prevent and air blockage.
- Clean your humidifier
- Check your exhaust fans
- Clean or replace your range hood filter
- Check the pressure relief valve on your water heater
- Cover your air conditioning unit
- And when the snow falls:
- Remove any ice build-up in the eavestroughs to prevent ice backing up on the roof
- Check snow on the roof if there’s a particularly heavy snowfall
- Oil any moving parts on your garage door